Our purpose is
- to make new connections between the public and public services
- act as an independent advocate and guardian for the better use and practice of involvement in the UK
- to support innovative ways of creating capacity, confidence and skill in communities and organisations on which meaningful involvement depends.
This reflects our belief that
- involvement is complex, diverse and challenging; central to democratic development; crucial to generating the cultural change on which modern public services must be built in future.
- a new deal, essential for social cohesion and well-being, can be forged through the transformational power of public involvement and participation
- the future of public value requires new high-value relationships and trust to be established between individuals, organisations and services
- networks, collaborative working and different organisational models are essential to making involvement happen
Fontis will uniquely seek to facilitate by connecting evidence and research, policy and practice, aspiration and action, individuals and organisations.